View attached explanation and answer. Let me know if you have any questions.
TORT ISSUES IN A
• Specific areas such as lounges and waiting gates may experience
• Loud noise lead to nuisance affecting passengers.
• Legal elements of above tort include breach of duty and resulting
injury such as busted eardrums if the noise is too high.
LOUD NOISE CONT’D
• The airport management is obligated to keep the passengers
informed without necessarily harming them.
• As such, passengers should avoid loud noises whereas duty of care
could be cited as a defense.
• The airport management is obligated to keep passengers informed.
• However, such duty of care implementation should not cause
damage to passengers.
WET AND SLIPPERY FLOORS
• Cleaning personnel may leave water patches on the
floor leaving it slippery.
• Passengers may fail to identify slips.
• As such, they may fall upon stepping on them.
• Legal element of such tort include broken bones or
WET AND SLIPPERY FLOOR CONT’D
• The airport management is obligated to keep the floor clean and
• The presence of water puddles on the floor threatens passenger
• The absence of wet floor warning sign breaches duty of care.
• Airport management may use contributory negligence as defense.
• However, the duty of care of airport management can be used as
defense in such a case to over- rule contributory negligence.
POOR FOOD STORAGE
• Provision of poisoned food to passengers on a flight.
• Such food, may lead to food poisoning of the passengers.
• As a result, the passengers may develop health complications may
require expensive medical attention.
• Legal element of such tort includes injury, and breach of duty.
POOR FOOD STORAGE CONT’D
• The airport management is obligated to provide clean and healthy
food to inflight passengers.
15 Million Students Helped!
Create Account to order